November 11, 2018
A lively discussion on the difference between Anime and cartoons!
Captain Picard is the hero we need right now according to author and Trek writer Michael Chabon.
"Calypso" the latest Short Trek from Discovery is reviewed.
Netflix is adding Anime to its list of original content, starting with Pacific Rim and Altered Carbon. The hosts get into an in depth discussion about anime and cartoons, the differences between them, and a look at Studio Ghibli.
Matt Smith is rumoured to be playing a young version of Palpatine in Star Wars Episode 9. We speculate on how this character could be included long after his death.
Disney+ is the name of the new streaming service from the Disney corporation, and LOKI will be one the first series to be produced.
Oumuamua may have been an alien space probe sent to investigate the Earth, or it could have been a comet or asteroid.
Is Shrek getting the reboot treatment?
Kong vs Godzilla begins production this week for release in 2020.
Andrew Lincoln's Rick Grimes will star in a series of Walking Dead TV movies for AMC.
This week's podcast promo: Pop Culture Cosmos
November 4, 2018
Shawn and the Klingons invade Thundercon!
This week we're talking about the adventures Shawn had while dressed up as a Klingon. He and his companions drove to Thunder Bay for an amazing convention experience. The Klingons hosted an after-party trivia night at the local Sleeping Giant brewery. They met and hung out with the stars of Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis. They met Dr. Stevil, an amazing Dr. Evil cosplayer. Many drinks were consumed, songs were sung, food was eaten, and Shawn picked up some great art work as well.
Also in this episode, we talk about the Rules of Halloween and proper protocol for both the trick 'r treaters, and for those who give out the candy.
The Northern Ontario Expo hosted a Halloween dance.
Austin Powers 4 might be coming to a theatre in the future, and Mr Feeny from 'Boy Meets World' stops a robbery.
We have the trailer for season 2 of The Orville!
And we ask a hypothetical question: What evil henchmen group would you be a part of? Why that group? What's the biggest benefit of that choice?
This week's podcast promo: Caster Quest
October 21, 2018
Danny Trejo, flesh masks and the gross wetness!
- Luke Cage cancelled by Netflix,
- They Live sequel or reboot tease,
- The Thing (1982) and Night Terrors Film Fest,
- Superman series coming to CW DCTV?
- Danny Trejo in Food and Familia,
- The Kid Who Would Be King trailer,
- Oblivion Song comic review,
- The Haunting of Hill House review,
- Vampires and other demonic creatures,
- Hallmark Star Trek ornaments,
- Movies we mentioned: Ghostbusters, Annihilation, A Ghost Story, the Die Hard franchise, all the Predator films,
- RIP Paul Allen (Microsoft co-founder) 1953 - 2018
This week's podcast promo: Wrestling Roundtable
October 14, 2018
Comics, Science, Technology, Horror!
- STAR TREK new: Picard series production and Discovery season 2 dates,
- Iron Fist cancelled at Netflix,
- DareDevil and the Ninja Turtles cross-over origins,
- Night Terrors Film Fest interview,
- James Gunn, Suicide Squad 2 and the DCEU,
- World War Z 2 production details,
- Aladdin live action remake,
- Failed media technology,
- Josh reacts to new Doctor Who,
- Soyuz rocket failure and the state of the US Space system
- Scott Wilson 1942 - 2018
This week's podcast promo: NerdBliss podcast
October 7, 2018
Venom, Star Trek, Doctor Who, BumbleBee and the female hero!
- Star Trek Discovery Short Treks episode "Runaway" review,
- Doctor Who returns this weekend and we're discussing our love of the Doctor,
- BumbleBee trailer review and Transformers talk,
- Dark Phoenix - a new X-Men universe film trailer is here and we break it down,
- Venom - a quick review of the film,
- Mortal Engines - the latest trailer is here and it makes no sense,
- A lengthy chat about female heroes, the tropes and the drawbacks,
- Night Terrors Film Fest 3 is here in town and we talk Jaws,
- Steel City NerdCon wrap and review
This week's podcast promo: Cigar Nerds Podcast
September 30, 2018
An insider's look into Sault Ste. Marie's first Nerdcon!
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario is a border town located right across the river from Soo, Michigan. This year, Mike from Vintage Games and Junque at 165 Queen Street East, in Soo, Canada put together the first of its kind comic book convention. Mike has an amazing store where you can find almost anything, including vintage video games and action figures, to antique furniture, records, comics and similar such items. It's an amazing store you simply have to visit.
September 29 will go down in history as an amazing day in Soo history. Mike hopes to make the convention an annual tradition. This episode tells the story of the con and gives some of the highlights of the show.
There is also discussion regarding James McAvoy offering to play a young Captain Picard, and talk about the new Bumble Bee trailer from the Transformers franchise.
Also discussed are other conventions in and around Northern Ontario.
Follow us at therustedrobot.podbean.com and on YouTube by searching for the channel under the name Shawn Vanderloo
September 23, 2018
Batman, Dare Devil, Joker, Stargirl, Captain Marvel, Star Trek and more...
- Captain Marvel trailer,
- Dare Devil season 3 trailer and release date,
- Star Trek short treks dates and breakdown,
- Joker movie cast and Joker origins discussion,
- Batman and DC Black Label porn comic controversy,
- Roseanne "The Connors" reboot, sitcom tropes and hilarious ideas,
- Space Jam sequel movie news,
- Vulcan homeworld discovered?
- Patrick Stewart in Charlie's Angels reboot movie,
- Avatar The Last Airbender live action series on Netflix,
- Stargirl and DC's new streaming service,
- The Predator movie review,
- Josh's hunting adventure,
- Jump City Hallowe'en Comic Fest,
- Upcoming cons: SteelCity NerdCon, Thundercon
This week's podcast promo: Watchathon of Rassilon
September 16, 2018
Ranking the Supermen and surviving the Zombie hordes!
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina - new Netflix trailer,
- Iron Fist season 2 and Star Trek references,
- Zombie Apocalypse survival ranking by country,
- The Superman ranking discussion,
- Swamp Thing television series casting,
- Kate Beckinsale and the Underworld movie franchise,
- Stranger Things comic books,
- Overpopulation and dome living,
- Spoilers and watching tv shows together,
- Bears in our town,
- Jump City Comics and Collectibles
This week's podcast promos: Transmissions From Atlantis, The Classic Original Show
September 9, 2018
Batman, Comic Books, Justice League, Doctor Who, Thundercats and a Star Trek Day celebration!!
- Burt Reynolds 1936 - 2018,
- Doctor Who season 11 premiere date revealed,
- Thundercats movie rumour with Ryan Reynolds and Michael Bay,
- Mattel Films launches (properties include: Thundercats, Barbie, Hot Wheels, Masters of the Universe),
- Iron Fist season 2,
- The Dragon Prince trailer,
Remakes and subverted expectations.
Comic books and Funko Pops talk.
Justice League battle scenarios.
Random TV and movie talk: Attack The Block, WKRP In Cincinnati, Star Trek Discovery, She-Ra, Teen Titans, Voltron, Disenchanted.
This week's podcast promo: The Revcast
September 2, 2018
Can The Predator be a good movie?
- We take a hard look at the Predator and Alien film franchises,
- The Predator red band trailer,
- Marvel, Blade and Wesley Snipes movie talk rumours,
- Netflix and Blizzard to make a Diablo series,
- He-Man documentary review: Power of Grayskull,
- Disenchanted on Netflix review,
- Guardians of the Galaxy 3 on indefinite hold,
- RIP Ghost Rider co creator Gary Friedrich 1943 - 2018
We have a pretty decent and in depth conversation about hunting and conservation, and we chat about Josh's new gasoline conversion kit for his bike. We discuss Shawn's birthday and party game ideas. Then we talk about a new podcast Shawn is working on with his Twitter friend Sheamus. And we ask you to vote on which decal Josh should get for his bike's gas tank.
As always, we encourage you to leave a 5 star review in the podcast app of your choice. Thank you for listening and supporting The Rusted Robot Podcast.
This week's podcast promo: The Soul Forge Podcast